Things to Do
Below are a few suggestions, please feel free to ask the villa manager for more information.
- Treat your loved one to a romantic dinner to be served on Puri Tirta Villas pier, with candles, rose petals and Balinese umbrellas. Best views are guaranteed when the tide is high and the skies are clear, especially during the full moon, so don't forget to check the tide schedule
- Visit Nusa Dua, the man-made paradise garden housing the most luxurious resorts on the island. Go to lunch or dinner at one of them, for example, Bali Hyatt or The Laguna (Starwood Luxury Collection). Visit Bali Collection, a proper shopping mall with a multitude of boutiques, restaurants and even a souvenir market. Check out the new beach club The Bay, and sample the traditional Balinese fried duck in one of the bay-side wooden pavilions of Dirty Duck Diner restaurant
- Rent a speed boat for a trip to the nearby islands of Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan. En route, you can try your luck trolling, fishing for the big fish while speeding through. Go snorkeling when you get to Crystal Bay off Nusa Penida or on the reefs off Nusa Lembongan. For the Robinson Crusoe fans, the crew can arrange a seafood BBQ on the deserted beach of Nusa Penida, or you can choose to visit one of the beach restaurants of Nusa Lembongan to feel the vibe of this picturesque island
- Visit one of the best beaches in the area at the Nikko Bali Hotel - a true entertainment centre on water with numerous pools, Jacuzzi, water slides, SPA pavilions and the new restaurant The Shore. You can even go for a camel ride right on the beach!
- Sample signature dishes at one of the best Balinese cuisine restaurants Bumbu Bali that also has a culinary school. Don't forget to book a table, and beware of spicy dishes :-)
- While away a Sunday afternoon over a lazy Sunday Brunch at the luxurious St Regis Hotel, with oysters and caviar. The brunch starts at 11:30 am with unlimited delicious Bloody Marys and lasts until 3 pm
- Visit the AYANA thalasso spa, inspired by the curative powers of the sea, that boasts the world's largest Aquatonic pool, containing 700,000,000 litres (153,980,000 gallons) of seawater directly supplied from the underlying Indian Ocean. Fresh seawater, sea-based minerals and modern technologies of affusion, water wave and pump therapies deliver the full benefit of sea-based vitamins, mineral salts, trace elements, amino acids and living microorganisms to restore and rebalance your body and mind
- Bali Thalasso is another famous SPA destination only about 1,5 km away from Puri Tirta villas. Same as AYANA's resort SPA, Bali Thalasso offers outstanding range of treatment based on natural ingredients harvested from sea waters but rates are more affordable
- Sample delicious grilled seafood in one of the beach restaurants in Jimbaran Bay. The freshest seafood is grilled on coconut charcoal giving them a unique taste. All restaurants are similar, yet we recommend tried-and-tested Menega and Ubung. If you are a meat fan - visit Beluga, owned by a Russian family, this restaurant, apart from the usual seafood, offers a choice of steaks and even Russian dumplings
- Visit one of Bali's sacred places - Uluwatu temple which is built in XIV century to protect the island from the evil spirits of the ocean. One of the best places to watch the traditional Kecak dance (the Fire dance)
- Go on a day trip to Mount Batur and Kintamani and get acquainted with Balinese life and Hindu religion with its numerous ceremonies. You will visit the shrine of the ancient kings of Bali, see the breathtaking view of one of the largest volcanic lakes in the world and swim in hot springs heated up by the volcano itself. You will also get to taste the freshly-roasted coffee from the nearby plantations
- Go shopping for art of all sorts in the cultural centre of the island - Ubud. You can find your own masterpieces in the numerous galleries of silversmiths, painters, woodcarvers and other artisans. Rest your feet while sampling the organic cuisine at Clear Café or Sari Organic. For dinner, check out the Naughty Nauri's, hugely popular for its BBQ ribs and cocktails - well worth waiting in line for the table
- Watch the most spectacular sunsets of your life from Single Fin bar, set on the 110 m high cliff top over the famous surf spot of Uluwatu. On Sunday nights the place gets very happening as the expat surfer scene gathers to listen to live rock-n-roll band performances
- Feel like continuing the party? Kuta is the place that never sleeps, full of young surfers and budget tourists partying the night away in the large clubs like Sky Garden, Eikon, VIP, etc. More fashionable crowd congregates in Seminyak in places like beachfront La Plancha, KuDeTa and Potato Head for sunset, Mama San and Cubana for pre-party drinks, Mint and Huu Bar for some dancing, and Maria Magdalena for the true party animals as it gets going starting 2 am.
- Well worth a trip is Bali's latest hidden gem, OAZIA SPAVODKA BAR & KITCHEN opened its doors in May 2012 in Canggu 15 min drive from Seminyak, offering its the tasteful mix of fantasy-inspired designer interiors, art, and old Bali vibe with detox-retox cocktails, healthy foods, and even aphrodisiacs – all that in a laid-back loungy atmosphere of a private members club (Open for dinner Weds to Sun, and hosts pre-party sessions every Fri and Sat)